Canadian and US Allocators gathered to discuss ESG and Diversity expectations, governance and transparency, role of alternatives in a portfolio, and measuring efficiency of alternatives.
- Opening Remarks – Mario Therrien, SBAI Chair, Head of Investment Funds and External Management, CDPQ
- Guest Speaker - Bill Kelly, Chief Executive Officer, CAIA Association
- SBAI Outcomes – Maria Long, Research and Content Director, SBAI
14:20 EST: Panel One: What do the Allocators of Tomorrow Look Like?
- What innovations might be needed and how these might be impeded
- The trajectory of ESG and Diversity expectations
- The risk of group think due to regulatory and public perception concerns
- What governance and transparency looks like in the future
15:30 EST: Panel Two: Are Alternatives Efficient? - An Allocator Perspective
- The role of alternatives in a portfolio
- Measuring the efficiency of alternatives
- Are alternatives efficient?
- How can efficiency be increased