12:30 - 13:00 Registration
13:00 - 13:15 Welcome remarks
- Mario Therrien, SBAI Chair; Head of Investment Funds and External Management, CDPQ
- Ed O’Reilly, SBAI Trustee, Senior Managing Director, Citadel
13:15 - 14:05 Opening Panel: A Macro Playbook for 2022 and Beyond (MAIN AUDITORIUM)
- Views on Inflation
- The impact of Climate Change and Net Zero commitments on the markets
- Topical issues such as conflicts and energy transitions
- Pablo Calderini, President & CIO, Graham Capital Management
- Mike Jacobellis, CIO, New Holland Capital
- Angel Ubide, Head of Economic Research for Global Fixed Income and Macro, Citadel
- Poul Winslow, SBAI Trustee, Global Head of Factor Investing and Capital Markets, CPP Investments (Moderator)
14:05 - 14:15 Transiton to breakout rooms
14:15 - 15:15: Break-Out Sessions
- Potential key drivers for the markets in 2022
- Gaps in portfolios that need to be actively filled
- Interesting strategies and asset classes for 2022
- Geographic regions of interest in 2022
- Gordon Corbett, MD, Global Head of Prime Financing Advisory, Bank of America Securities
- Samantha Foster, MD, Russell Investments
- Sapna Vir, Director, External Relationships, New Holland Capital
- Paula Volent, CIO, The Rockefeller University
- Are there biases in manager selection?
- What are the causes of biases?
- How can allocators expand their networks?
- What changes can be made to manager selection processes?
- Mario Therrien, SBAI Chair, Head of Investment Funds & External Management, CDPQ
- Jimmy Yan, Director of ESG - Bureau of Asset Management, Office of New York City Comptroller
- Jane Buchan, SBAI Trustee, CEO, Martlet Asset Management (Moderator)
- Are Digital Assets here to stay or a passing fad?
- How will regulation impact the market?
- How do you effectively risk manage volatile assets?
- Will crypto assets become more mainstream or mostly remain in dedicated crypto funds?
- Zoe Cruz, Founder & CEO, Menai Financial Group
- Derek Drummond, Funds Alpha Manager, State of Wisconsin Investment Board (Moderator)
- Eric Peters, Founder & CEO, One River Asset Management
- Travis Williamson, Partner, Head of Hedge Fund Research, Albourne America LLC
15:15 - 15:45 Refreshment break
15:45 - 16:00 SBAI Presentation (MAIN AUDITORIUM)
16:00 - 16:45 Closing Panel: Navigating Transitions & Future Opportunities & Risks
- How are social movements impacting organisations?
- The impact of the Great Resignation and the War for Talent
- Hybrid and Remote Working – how will this work going forward?
- The Generational Gap and its impact on the workplace
- Building a business for the future
17:00 - 18:00: Cocktail reception