Join leading asset managers and allocators as we review the past year and look to the future.
14:00 – 14:30 Registration and networking
14:00 - 14:10 Opening Remarks
- Mario Therrien, SBAI Chair, Head of Investment Funds and External Management, CDPQ
13:15 - 13:30 SBAI Overview
Thomas Deinet, Executive Director, SBAI
15:00 – 15:45 Institutional Investor Panel
Where do we go from here?
- Economic outlook
- Role of alternatives: what is attractive for 2023 and beyond?
- Long term investing: Themes versus fads
- ESG: How are your expectations in alternatives evolving?
- Tom Joy, CIO, Church Commissioners for England
- Elena Manola-Bonthond, CIO, CERN Pension Fund
- Pontus von Essen, Head of Strategy, AP7
15:45 – 16:00 Networking break
16:00 – 17:00 Interactive Breakouts
Group 1: The Future of Operational Due Diligence
- Will more ODD be virtual?
- Are there new risk areas being assessed? e.g Hybrid working
- What are managers and allocators struggling with?
Group 2: Setting Achievable Diversity Goals
- Discussing the types of goals and sharing potential solutions.
Group 3: ESG Rachets and Sustainability Linked Loans
- What are the issues?
- Does this need standardisation?
- How to avoid greenwashing or the perception of greenwashing.
Group 4: Carbon Footprinting
- How do investors influence emissions?
- Is there a distinction between a risk and net zero perspective?
- What are the Greenwashing concerns?
- Net zero reporting frameworks - what needs to be disclosed?
17:00 Drinks Reception