Join us for an in-person afternoon event and hear from industry leaders from CDPQ, Harvard Management Company, Kepos Capital, Menai Financial Group and more.
- Mario Therrien, SBAI Chair, Head of Investment Funds and External Management, CDPQ
Thomas Deinet, Executive Director, SBAI
14:20 - 15:20 Panel: Managing 21st Century Risks – An Allocator Perspective
- Macro environment and capital markets: Are we facing a paradigm shift that transforms alpha generation?
- Political risks and globalisation: Are we entering a new era?
- Climate transition: Doing good and making money – how perilous is the path to net zero?
- Aaron Bennett, CIO, University Pension Plan (UPP)
- Zoe Cruz, Founder & CEO, Menai Financial Group
- Maxime Aucoin, Executive VP & Head of Total Portfolio, CDPQ
- Rossitsa Stoyanova, CIO, Investment Management Corporation of Ontario (IMCO)
- Mario Therrien, SBAI Chair, Head of Investment Funds & External Management, CDPQ (Moderator)
15:20 - 15:30 Networking Break
15:30 - 16:30 Panel discussion: Transition to Net Zero: Measuring & Reporting Progress
- How do investors influence emissions in the real economy?
- What is the role of derivatives and short selling in this?
- Net zero reporting frameworks – what needs to be disclosed?
- What are the Greenwashing concerns?
- Michael Cappucci, MD for Compliance & Sustainable Investing, Harvard Management Company
- Mark Carhart, CIO, Kepos Capital Bertrand Millot, Head of Sustainability, CDPQ
- Dr Jean Rogers, Snr MD, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management
- Thomas Deinet, Executive Director, SBAI (Moderator)